My life

Lurching from one disaster to another...just a suburban princess trying to get by!



Friday 27 March 2015

I'm GLAD it's temporary

So it seems some genius over at Glad decided that it would be a great idea to move the cutting blade on the Glad Wrap box from the bottom edge to the side of the lid, rendering the whole box virtually useless.  I know that this change was some time ago, but we don't go through a lot of wrap so it took some time for me to be inconvenienced.

Glad wrap (and it's competitor's brands) is hard enough to wrestle with sticking to itself and nothing else anyway without having to manoeuvre an upwards backhand motion to get the fecking stuff out.

I was wrapping up my son's dinner tonight and fighting with the box and silently, well, kind of silently but not really, cursing whomever came up with the bright idea of changing something that worked just fine.  Have they ever heard of the saying "If it ain't broke don't fix it".  Apparently the change was for safety reasons, I'll reserve judgement on that piece of logic.

When I had finally fought the wrap into submission, I vowed to change brand to almost anything else in the market (which is hard for me, I'm extremely brand loyal in almost every aspect of my grocery shopping)...

...then I found this story from today on 9news.com.au/national covering this very thing.  I was pleased to see that the good people over at Glad are listening to their customers and changing back to the old dispenser but it just may be too late. 

So tell me...
 
...have you mastered the Glad Wrap dispenser or did you change brands?
 
 
Love Jo xxx
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...