My life

Lurching from one disaster to another...just a suburban princess trying to get by!



Thursday 2 June 2011

It’s getting cold out there…

I love winter as a concept, in reality it kind of sucks.
I hate the wind we tend to get here; it will freeze you to the bone.  I also hate the flu and colds, coughs and snot, you know, the things people share in shopping centres…don’t like dry skin, chapped lips and cold feet…and every year the need to get firewood from the shed seemingly every couple of house shits me to tears! It isn’t that often of course, it tend to be days between trips to the woodpile, and it isn’t usually me that does it, but I hate having to nag…and there’s never enough small bits of wood to get the fire re-started in the morning!
I don’t like the slate floor in the bathroom, so lovely and cool in summer, it is like ice in winter.  Going to the loo in the middle of the night isn’t any fun.

I do love snuggling up in front of the fire, steaming cup of coffee or a nice red in hand, something lovely bubbling away on the stove, listening to the wind and rain outside and knowing I don’t have to go out in it.

That lovely feeling when we are all home and safe while a storm rages outside.
I can actually sleep in winter, electric blanket, flannelette sheets, feather doona and blankets piled on…robes and slippers, bed socks and fluffy ‘jamies.
I love scarves and layers, gloves and boots. 
As I work from home there is no commute, our school run is no more and with the advent of online shopping the groceries are home delivered…so I can mostly choose when I go out.
What do you love, or hate, about winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...