My life

Lurching from one disaster to another...just a suburban princess trying to get by!



Sunday 15 May 2011

My feet hurt...

Even though I have lived in Queensland for over half my life I haven't really travelled outside the South-East of the state.

Last week changed that, with a trip to Carnarvon Gorge. 

Carnarvon Gorge © J Traill 2011
I had heard that it was lovely out there, but was unprepared for just how magnificent it really is.


Carnarvon Gorge © J Traill 2011


Ward's Canyon, Carnarvon Gorge © J Traill 2011

We walked for over 5 hours along the gorge, with several side trips (up bloody great sets of stairs) to see the sights.

It was gorgeous, however two nights was nowhere long enough...so we will have to go back!

I will write a review about or stay and experiences but as the sign says when you are leaving the resort:

Good for the soul, bad for the feet!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! When did you go? We were there last weekend!! Might have seen you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were the youngest ppl there by about 20 years! We got there on Thursday afternoon (12th) and left Saturday morning...not long enough really, but a bit cold at night...perfect conditions for walking during the day though. Stayed at Takarraka in a cabin...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd just wear more comfortable shoes. These pics are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! We might have seen you! We arrived Friday and stayed til Sunday, also at Takarraka and in a cabin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were in cabin 1 (the one next to the brick cottage), basic but better than a tent! It's a small world isn't it? I'm sure we didn't see you though, we would have noticed amoungst all the oldies!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...